This Pecha Kucha session consists of three sub-sessions:
Legacy Jedi to Enterprise Noob: Top Tips for Those Who are Transitioning Between Platforms or New to Enterprise
Swapping platform can be a big deal, but it is easier than you think. Having been very experienced and extensive users of all aspects of the Legacy platform, we will share our experiences of onboarding a new institution to ExamSoft whilst we transitioned from Legacy to Enterprise. We will cover all aspects of the navigation of the Enterprise platform for those new to Enterprise.
After viewing this session you will be able to:
- Understand the differences between Legacy and Enterprise portals
- Understand the advantages of each of the platforms
- Understand the set-up of Enterprise
- Understand reporting in Enterprise
- Understand potential issues for those new to Enterprise
Delivering Veterinary Specialist Examinations Across Europe Despite Uncertainty Due to Lockdowns
The European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ECVIM-CA) represents the highest level of veterinary training. Candidates study for at least three years to become veterinary specialists in this growing market. The ECVIM-CA was forced to cancel the examinations in March 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. To enable veterinary specialists to qualify in 2021, Examsoft was used to deliver multiple-choice, essay and practical papers to 200 candidates, in 25 locations across Europe, South Africa and Australia. This presentation will describe our experience when doing this so differently, what we learned and what we would like to improve upon.
After viewing this session, you will be able to:
- See how the ECVIM-CA adapted traditional paper examinations to run in Examplify
- Understand how all the examinations were run simultaneously, securely, in multiple locations
- See how candidates and invigilators were trained (many had no prior experience of online examinations)
- See how essays might be designed and marked by more than one assessor
- Understand how visual aspects of the practical examinations were managed (e.g. echocardiography video loops)
- Understand opportunities for improvement
Let’s face it. Faculty are busy! Now you want them to do what? This session will focus on the use of Examsoft Superusers to promote change and quality improvement in a school of pharmacy who previously used only scantrons and number two pencils to document learning. Superusers are faculty peers selected to lead a School of Pharmacy to the path toward assessment excellence. Participants interested in processes used and lessons learned with this model should attend this session.
Viewers can expect to:
- Identify the role of a peer ExamSoft Superuser for implementing electronic testing in a school of pharmacy
- Outline responsibilities of ExamSoft Superusers to promote assessment
- Discuss successes and lessons-learned with the ExamSoft Superuser model