For exam-takers using Examplify with ExamID features enabled, below are a few basic tips to ensure your baseline and comparative photo match up. Downloadable visual version also available.
- Do have a light in front of you — the camera needs to be able to see you.
- Front-facing windows also work — it provides nice lighting for the camera to see you.
- Do not have a light behind you; backlighting can make it difficult for the software to detect your face.
- Do not have a window behind you either — the sun behind you can cause a shadow, making it difficult for the camera to see you.
- Avoid having a bright light directly in your face — the light should be comfortable so you can focus on your exam.