As with any assessment solution, an end-to-end learning assessment platform should be developed with educators in mind. It should also be built to make objective assessment and subjective testing a simpler, more practical process so academics can spend more time teaching and less time administrating.
What are the features to consider in a learning assessment solution?
Categorizing Exam Questions
The ability to categorize, or “tag,” exam items is one of the most useful features an academic can utilize to save time. That’s especially true when categories can be set to the established standards of accreditation and certification/licensure bodies. By categorizing exam items, student learning data is simple to collect and put to good use.
With detailed reporting capabilities, educators can see how an individual or cohort of students perform throughout a course. As a result, faculty can identify valuable opportunities for student remediation and staff has the data to prove accreditation standards are being met.
For objective assessments, the category feature can make it easier to:
- Monitor student learning course-wide or at the individual level
- Provide timely student feedback and highlight areas for improvement
- Identify gaps in curriculum and remediate as needed
- Determine the effectiveness of specific exam questions
- Make accreditation site visits simple with data-backed reporting
Rubrics-based scoring offers an easier and more efficient way to accurately evaluate more subjective forms of assessment. Educators can effectively minimize bias to deliver objective and consistent evaluations of student performance.
When the efficiency of creating rubrics is combined with the ability to tag each rubric criterion to specific categories, it provides a powerful way to assess students while saving time.
For subjective testing, rubrics scoring means educators can:
- Plan every aspect of rubrics-based evaluations
- Streamline processes while providing more accurate evaluations
- Quickly aggregate performance data and evaluation comments
- Provide timely student feedback for more effective remediation
- Ensure a smooth and efficient evaluation day
With exam item categories and rubrics categories in place, it’s easy to generate more detailed reporting. The resulting data analytics from objective assessments and subjective testing become more impactful for student learning—and more useful.
Schedule a live demo today and see how ExamSoft assessment solutions can do it all.