Attending this year’s ExamSoft Assessment Conference (EAC) in Montreal, Canada, doesn’t have to be costly. While admittedly your plane ticket will be your largest expense, there are several ways to save to help offset that cost.
- The US-to-Canadian exchange rate is roughly 75 cents to $1. It’s like everything is 25 percent off! We have a simple exchange rate calculator on the EAC website.
- Coming to EAC means a discounted room at the host hotel, Le Centre Sheraton Montréal. This hotel is cheaper than last year with rates starting at CAD $229, converting to around USD $175.
- ExamSoft has partnered with two airlines to offer a discount on flights to Montreal:
- Because of the favorable exchange rate, your evening meals and ground transportation will be cheaper than a comparable city in the US.
- ExamSoft product training opportunities have expanded for 2019, including full-day in-depth workshops. Since they’re included with your registration, it’s cheaper than purchasing our training packages.
- Get free Wi-Fi in your room by adding your Marriott Bonvoy rewards number to the reservation. Not yet a member? Sign up for free online or when you check in.
- Depending on your cell phone plan, roaming charges could add up. Ask your carrier for your options, or keep your phone in airplane mode during your stay in Canada. Free Wi-Fi is available in your room (see above) and will be provided all meeting spaces at the Sheraton. Use a VoIP service like Google Voice to forward your calls and make outgoing calls. For instant messaging, use WhatsApp, iMessage, Facebook Messenger, or other internet-based apps when you’re on Wi-Fi.
- Once the official EAC mobile app is launched, you can find a travel buddy to share a ride to and from the airport, which saves money and gives you a networking opportunity.
Also, the sooner you buy, the more you save, so register for EAC today before the next price increase.