Data collection, aggregation, and analysis are perhaps the most powerful features of the ExamSoft product offerings. After all, you cannot measure what you do not track. Gain actionable insights through advanced assessment analytics that will allow you and your faculty to effectively influence learning outcomes and student retention and remediate the right student at the right time. Put your data to work at the macro and micro levels to elevate your educational programs.
Benefits of ExamSoft Reporting & Analytics
Positively Influence Student Performance
- Identify and proactively remediate students by offering specific direction on areas of improvement.
- Track student performance over time using longitudinal data.
- Easily understand how your student cohorts are performing and tailor your courses to specific needs.
Close the Loop on Accreditation
- Obtain tangible proof that not only is your program teaching the right things but also that your students are retaining the information.
- Build your program to ensure accreditation from the very start through the use of our categories feature.
- Simplify and streamline the accreditation process so your educators can focus on what matters most: the students.
Continuous Program Improvement
- Easily spot trends and outliers across assessments, courses, and programs—from an entire assessment down to each individual question.
- Quickly identify and correct specific content areas that need improvement.
- Identify gaps in your program and quickly pivot to address them before it’s too late.
“Schools and accrediting bodies are all about data, and ExamSoft enables us to produce a series of student performance reports to track and map curriculum to learning objectives.”
-Patrick Chadd, Manager of Academic Systems & Educational Technology
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) School of Osteopathic Medicine
ExamSoft’s Course Performance Report can provide information on how an individual course, multiple courses, or even an entire department are performing. Educators can take a deep dive into course information by tracking assessment, assignment, or category performance within a specific course.
By tagging assessment items to specific topics (“categories”), ExamSoft provides educators with a granular view of how different learning outcomes are performing within a course or throughout the curriculum as a whole. Set your own “at-risk” thresholds to provide the data you need to hone in on categories that may need more attention in your curriculum.
Educators can view which students had issues with specific at-risk categories, which assessments contained those categories, and which specific questions each student had trouble with as a means of truly tailoring remediation efforts and pinpointing where students should focus their study habits to improve.